24th March 2020
In line with Government guidance, National Windscreens will continue to operate from all of its 108 locations until further notice, delivering on its obligations as a key supplier to the transport industry.
The Government has published a list of essential businesses that are excluded from closure and it is deemed National Windscreens is included on this list under the ‘garage’ classification. Our services directly support the operation of essential industries, as specified by the Government, that include: supermarkets and other food shops; health shops; pharmacies, including non-dispensing pharmacies; petrol stations; bicycle shops; home and hardware shops; laundrettes and dry cleaners; bicycle shops; garages; car rentals; pet shops; corner shops; newsagents; post offices; and banks.
National Windscreens is also a key supplier to many other industries outside the retail sector, including gas and electricity suppliers, NHS fleet, blue light services, Royal Mail, telecoms companies and many other vital services.
The majority of the workers in these industries will also need their own vehicles to travel to work, particularly in light of the advice to avoid public transport. We recognise that we have an important part in helping to keep these vital services on the road, for the benefit of everyone.
Taking care of each other
As we continue to operate, the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff is paramount and will always remain our highest priority. To ensure we meet the challenges brought about by Coronavirus, we have put in place a number of robust safety measure as part of a ‘contact free service’ that includes:
- Our call centres asking additional questions related to Coronavirus symptoms and exposure, to ensure we safeguard both our technician and you.
- If anyone at your location or household has a cough or a temperature, you are asked to arrange your appointment for after the 14-day period of self-isolation.
- Our technicians have new working instructions when attending your location along with additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and social distancing instructions.
- Technicians will stay away at least 2 metres away from you at all times.
- Our technician will request you to put the keys to your vehicle down and then retreat by at least 2 metres before the technician retrieves the keys. This process is reversed when the work is completed.
- All technicians will wear new disposable gloves at the start of each appointment and dispose of them when the work is complete. They will also clean their hands thoroughly before and after every appointment.
- You will no longer be required to sign for the work undertaken
- New protocols have been introduced to cover increased cleaning in all of our fitting and calibration centres
I want to thank you for your co-operation, understanding and patience during these uncertain times. I hope this update will give some peace of mind for those of you needing our services. We will continue to publish updates on our website and on our social media channels.
If you already have an appointment with us that you need to reschedule due to self-isolation please call us on 0800 955 0108. We are highly appreciative of the trust that you put in us and we will do everything we can to provide a safe, uninterrupted service
On behalf of everyone at National Windscreens
Commercial and Service Director, National Windscreens